If you’re a property owner, the last thing you want is to manage all the things that go into your next construction project. It might seem fun, but when it comes to literally having to make 100+ decisions, things get pretty stressful.
To give you an idea, here are some things we manage even before we get started: How many subcontractors will we need?
- How are we going to pay the subcontractors?
- Will we get a better deal if we prepay or postpay?
- What are the best materials to go with?
- Where can we get those materials?
- Will the materials be available and arrive on time?
- Will there be weather interruptions?
- What type of licensing or permits do we need?
- What is the best design?
A general contractor is very much like a wedding planner. For your wedding, you don’t want to pick the person who makes the cake, the flower company, tarps, the decorations, etc. the wedding planner consults with you and takes care of all the details. All you have to do is watch it all unfold and wait anxiously for some jaw-dropping results.